Monday, May 9, 2011

The Random Events between Larger Events

My time in London has largely been defined by large events and big travel plans.  But there is plenty that happens when I am not taking pictures and this post is going to try to tell a little bit about the smaller things that have happened while I have been here.

First, I went to see the play Frankenstein in the National Theatre and it was one of the most amazing displays of acting I have ever seen in my life.  Not to mention the ability of the stage itself, which could move and twist, could have trains running through it, could hide people under the floor, could raise and lower itself and had a bell, that to my dissatisfaction was right above my poor little ears and each time it went off my head would ring for a good ten minutes. After the play, the girls and I met up with a couple of friends in Central London for drinks and to catch up on the good times (there is going to be a lot of catching up with drinks in this post)....

Classes were cancelled a couple of times during the year because of random events.  One day we had a chemistry student purposely start a fire in the JG building, where all of the classes are by rolling a roll of toilet paper that was on fire down the hallway.  I was glad classes were cancelled that day because my least favourite class, British Life and Culture was during that time.  We also didn't go to school on another day because the teachers were on strike regarding their pensions.  It has been an interesting semester at Kingston and although classes have officially drawn to a close, I still have a couple more finals and papers to worry about before I can say that I am home-free.

Although I eat a lot of candy here, I cannot say that I have gained any weight.  I think this is because of all the walking and the occasional run I have done since I have been in Engand.  Everyone walks everywhere and that is good for the old tummy in making sure that it doesnt get any larger than it is right now.

The girls and I go out to socialize and drink with friends a lot.  It is great to be able to do that in a culture where drinking is part of the process.  I definitely have my favourites and I will miss being able to do this when I go back to the States.  I will be counting down the days until I am 21 and can go out with friends again and just get a couple drinks and shoot the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment