Friday, February 4, 2011

Classes Begin...

So classes began for me on Tuesday and I have to say that the education system here is quite different than the education system at home.  It is true what they say that the classes are shorter and easier, but that a lot of the studying has to be done on your own, outside of the classroom.

What happens at Kingston is that you have an hour or two of lecture and then sometimes for some classes you have an hour of seminar.  That is a maximum of three hours spent in any single class during the week. It also means that most of your classes only meet once a week and the rest of the studying and research has to be done on one's own.

So Tuesday I went to American Literature and it was interesting, my teacher talked a lot about American history and how awful America is right now, it was interesting and kind of off putting to hear the British perspective on American's right now.  Regardless. this class is likely to be a breeze for me because all the required readings I have already completed in school.

Next on Wednesday I went to Shakespeare and American Lit Seminar and my British Life and Culture Class.  Shakespeare is going to be interesting for me because it is a drama class and I am going to have to get up and act out parts of plays.  It will be an experience I think.  American Lit was easy, we just talked about ourselves and our feelings and British Life and Culture was easy but incredibly boring because, unfortunately, the teacher is quite boring.

Lastly on Thursday I had Abnormal Psych and I think this is my favourite class of all.  Again, it is all going to be review because I have already studied all of this in high school but it makes me a little more confident in being able to pass the class.  My teacher is really nice and let me change my seminar from Friday to Thursday which makes my schedule absolutely incredible and will allow me to travel as much or as little as I please.

That is all for now, I don't really have much else to say about classes other than right now they are going well and I like the way that classes are taught here.....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment